Plant Leader – Hemingford, NE
With over 35 years in the seed industry, our team is focused on being trailblazers in resilient land use. We can help anyone interested in exploring, diagnosing, and building a plan for the land. At Millborn Seeds, our goal is to enrich land and lives, because future generations depend on the decisions we make on our land today. We are looking to add a full time Plant Leader to our team in Hemingford, NE.
The ideal candidate possesses an ability to lead the seed production plant and team in addition to building project management capabilities. This person is internally motivated with an unwavering drive toward excellence. They are detail-oriented and can juggle multiple tasks throughout the day. At Millborn Seeds, teammates must have the ability to adapt to change and a commitment to growing the company.
- Own all activities within the seed production plant – lead the team along with owning facility management
- Work in and become an expert in all seed production areas
- Execute basic machine troubleshooting
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Build the team; hire, train and lead top performers
- Keep production stabilized and tied to main Millborn Plant while understanding the response and demand of the facility.
- Build out plant capacity for long term demand through effective and efficient capital expansion projects
- Act as an extension of the Millborn Plant in your local area
- Operational mindset – awareness of what’s coming to keep the process moving
- Motivator – production can be taxing, keeping positive is critical
- Motivated by accomplishment
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends during peak seasons
- Assist with hands on training of new teammates
- Strong communication skills with plant and office
- Forklift experience is preferred
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
We’d love to have you on Team Millborn! Use the form below to apply, or email email@example.com with questions.