With over 35 years in the specialty seed industry, our team is focused on being trailblazers in resilient land use. We can help anyone interested in exploring, diagnosing, and building a plan for the land. At Millborn Seeds, our goal is to enrich land and lives, because future generations depend on the decisions we make on our land today. We are looking to add a Grower Relations Agronomist to our team.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for growing seed. They also have a desire to serve and build relationships and are internally motivated to identify and uncover opportunities. This person is detail-oriented and can juggle multiple tasks throughout the day. All Millborn teammates must have the ability to adapt to change and a commitment to growing the company. This position reports to Seed Production Team Lead.
- Report to and work with Seed Production Team Lead to achieve acres based goals and sets of products
- Estimate and place production with ideal growers on targeted acres.
- Secure supply for Millborn team. Identify and secure contracts and bids in identified regions.
- Provide product information and recommendations to growers or other landowners to optimize crop production and land use.
- Identify and develop strong relationships with growers
- Place contract acres based on demand needs
- Scout fields and provide recommendations to maximize production acres
- Project expected yields and ensure accurate projections (within reason due to Mother Nature)
- Seamlessly transition the grower to the supply chain team to execute contracts
- Comprehensive knowledge in Agronomy (preferably non corn/bean crops)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Desire to serve people and maintain a positive attitude, focusing on customer satisfaction
- Be able to build their own schedule and be self-motivated
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently toward overall objectives
- Maintain a high attention to detail while managing multiple tasks
- Ensure quality and timeliness are a top priority – desire for accuracy
- Effective computer experience with Microsoft Office and software systems
- Handle pressure in a progressive, fast-paced environment
- Curious and actively learning new things
- Flexible work schedule with ability to travel