A WILD YEAR
It has been a wild year at Millborn Seeds! Here are some of the highlights:
Rapid City Location
Millborn Seeds “West” off of I-90 exit 48 just North of Rapid City opened early 2019. This new location will help serve customers working in the western part of South Dakota and surrounding states. Most of the seed blending still happens here in Brookings but we are working hard to have the materials you need available in Rapid City.
A Growing Team
Our team has grown and expanded for added capacity, freeing up our Specialists so they can dedicate more of their time to serving you, our valued customer! These changes are going to improve speed, accuracy, and communication, ultimately adding value to the products and services you have come to expect from Millborn Seeds!
Ever-changing Product Lines
We are always evolving our product lines to stay on top of an ever-changing industry. With that in mind, we are excited to announce some additions to our inventory.
- Large rolls of Erosion Control Blankets and Turf Reinforcement Mats for use on machine mounted rollers will be stocked in limited quantities at both locations. Please contact us to determine what is in stock and what needs to be ordered to meet the needs of your next project.
- With the heavier precipitation and increased erosion in recent years, high-performance Turf Reinforcement Mats from American Excelsior and Propex are being specified more often. As the need arises, contact us to talk about options for American Excelsior’s Tri-Net products and Propex Pyramat and Armormax products.
- Inlet protection devices from ERTEC are now in stock in both locations. ERTEC products provide very good protection at all types of inlets and are very easy to install and maintain. The best feature of ERTEC products is that they are reusable! Using an ERTEC inlet protection device means no more lifting and moving grates which protects your workers and limits your liability!
- Landscaping and separation fabric is now available at Millborn Seeds. This year, our in-stock inventory will be limited but we are working with suppliers to make sure that we have access to any type of fabric that project specifications require.
- There are so many different construction products on the market and we can’t stock them all but if there is a product you like to use or have specified on an upcoming project give us a call to talk about options for getting you the products you need to get the job done!
As with most things in construction, the more information available, the easier it is to plan ahead. Construction projects rely heavily on good communication. When we know what work you have coming up and the materials needed, it allows us to have the right products ready to go at a moment’s notice, saving you time, money, and extra work.
Moving forward, we will be asking what project the product will be used on, when it is ordered and picked up. This question will help us predict future needs and will help you when you need to look back at how much of a particular product was used on a project. Also, if special pricing is quoted, this will help to ensure you are charged appropriately so you don’t have to call back to get the special pricing.
Thank you for taking the time to read the first edition of the Millborn Seeds E-Newsletter, “The Construction Zone”. As always, we are here to help you be successful. If there is anything we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to contact us!