Hydromulch is a planting process utilizing a slurry of seed and mulch. It is often used as an erosion control technique on construction sites, as an alternative to the traditional process of broadcasting or sowing dry seed.
Designed specifically for use in hydraulic planting equipment. Made from whole fibers, it is mixed in a large tank with water, seed and fertilizer, then sprayed onto the soil. It’s long fibers cling to the soil, forming a web-like network that holds the seed in place. It then deflects wind and rain and retains moisture to minimize erosion while aiding in the germination process.
- Mat-Fiber Spec Sheet
- Made from whole wood fibers and contains a 3% high grade organic tackifier. The addition of this organic tackifier provides increased erosion control because the fibers are more strongly bonded to the seed, soil and each other. It also increases the slurry lubricity to keep it in place.
- Mat-Fiber Plus Spec Sheet
- A hydraulically applied Bonded Fiber Matrix, conforms to the ground as it’s dried and can hold soil and seed repeatedly. As seed starts to grow, Soil Guard will decompose. It also requires much less water than other BFM’s.
- Soil Guard Spec Sheet
- A hydromulch designed with wood fibers, synthetic fibers, and soil-bonding agents for immediate and effective erosion protection on challenging terrain and hard rains. This formula maintains fiber loft for impact resistance, air circulation and moisture retention that promotes seed germination and plant growth.
- Flex Guard Spec Sheet
- A Stabilized Mulch Matrix (SMM) for use on any type of soil with moderate slopes. This non-toxic formulation aids plant development and prevents erosion.
- Spray Guard Spec Sheet
- A new formulation that provides easy mixing while yielding the fastest viscosity vs. time available. Spec Tack yields 80% of peak viscosity in 5 minutes after mixing so time isn’t wasted waiting on the product to thicken before application. It has over 200 times the viscosity at the same concentration when compared to lower end tackifiers.
- Spec Tack Spec Sheet
- A soil stabilizer that can be used alone or in combination with other mulches to reduce the erodibility of soils and improve the establishment of vegetation. The specially designed paper granules are made from recycled paper and act as a visible tracer. Pam-12 can also be broadcast applied which is beneficial when hydro application is not already part of the project.