#2 Waterway Mix™
Our #2 Waterway Mix is a great solution for grass establishment in highly erodible areas. This mix consists of cool season grasses that are quick to establish and will fill in and form a sod over time. It will consistently produce one high yielding cutting of hay, or grazing throughout the year. This will be a very long lasting and low maintenance stand of grass which makes it an excellent fit for areas that simply need grass cover and don’t necessarily need to be the most productive pasture in the county.
- Planting Time:
- Early Spring – after hard freezing conditions have ended
- Fall – allow 3-4 weeks of growth before first killing frost
- Dormant – mid-late fall when temperatures are cold enough that seed will not germinate until the following spring. Soil temperature of 50 degrees or less.
- Seeding Rate: 25 lbs./acre
- Ideal Seed Depth: ¼” – ½”
- Seed should be drilled into a firm seedbed, or broadcasted and packed
- 45% Brome
- 20% Tall Fescue
- 20% Perennial Ryegrass
- 15% Timothy
These amounts are based on percentage of full seeding rate