#1 Hay & Pasture Mix™
Our #1 Hay and Pasture Mix is designed to be highly productive in lighter soils and dry growing conditions. It consists of high yielding cool season grasses that will tolerate a range of grazing or haying systems in challenging environments. With higher rainfall this mix will perform very well, but also remain productive in drought years which makes it an excellent solution for regions with an inconsistent moisture outlook.
- Planting Time:
- Early Spring – after hard freezing conditions have ended
- Fall – allow 3-4 weeks of growth before first killing frost
- Dormant – mid-late fall when temperatures are cold enough that seed will not germinate until the following spring. Soil temperature of 50 degrees or less.
- Seeding Rate: 25 lbs./acre
- Ideal Seed Depth: ¼” – ½”
- Seed should be drilled into a firm seedbed, or broadcasted and packed
- 25% Pubescent Wheatgrass
- 25% Intermediate Wheatgrass
- 20% Meadow Brome
- 20% Tall Forage Fescue
- 10% Tetraploid Ryegrass
These amounts are based on percentage of full seeding rate