Quality Sun & Shade
$30.00 – $120.00 bag
Quality Sun & Shade is our most popular turf mix. It is the go-to mix for lawns because of its durable and long-lasting quality. The formulation of this mix is what makes it perfect for any situation. If you’re looking for an affordable, high quality, attractive and easy to care for lawn, this is the perfect mix for you.
Seeding Rate: 5-6 lbs/1000 sq. ft.
Need some help? Contact us.
|Improved Kentucky Bluegrass||60%|
|Fine-Leaf Perennial Ryegrass||25%|
|Creeping Red Fescue||15%|
Select a topic:
- Planting Time:
- Spring: April – Early June
- Fall: August – Early October
- Dormant: Late October – November or when the ground temperature will remain below 50°F
- Seeding Depth: 1/4″–1/2″
- Seeding Rate: 5-6 lbs per 1000 sq. ft.
- Instructions: Broadcast or drill. (Roll pack, rake, or drag broadcast seed.)
|Speedzone||1.1-1.8 oz/1,000 sq.ft||Apply Speedzone at least 2 weeks before seeding to prevent carryover. Do not apply Speedzone post emerge until grass is established (one month or second mowing, whatever is longer).|
|Tenacity||4-8 oz/a||Can be applied before or, at seeding or on established turf. Tenacity should not be applied when seedlings are growing and not yet established (one month or second mowing, whatever is longer).|
*Always read and follow label instructions before making an application.
- Fertilizer: Apply fertilizer such as 13-13-13 or Sustane 4-6-4 to jumpstart seed growth at planting and 24-05-10 or Sustane 8-2-4 for slow release 6–8 weeks post planting.
- Watering: For new lawns keep soil moist for first 3–4 weeks. After the initial watering period reduce watering frequency but increase duration.
- Erosion Control: Install an erosion control blanket to aid germination and prevent erosion of soil or washing seed.
Every acre is different and our goal is to help you know what works best in your area. This 'Growing Regions' section showcases where this species works best. If you have any questions on product placement, feel free to contact our experts and we will help!