The Cultivator is designed for broadcasting or drilling applications. Created for your soil health gurus this mix is to be interseeded into your wide row cornfields between V3-V8 of your corn growth. This diverse blend is designed to fix nitrogen, alleviate compaction, and increase overall soil microbial activity.
This mix meets the NRCS standard cover crop requirements for CSP and EQIP Programs in South Dakota and Minnesota.
Drilled Seeding Rate: 20 lbs/acre
Broadcast Seeding Rate: 25 lbs/acre
50 lb bag
Need some help? Contact us.
|Purple Top Turnip||15%|
- Planting Time: Early – Mid-Summer
- Drilled Seeding Rate: 20 lbs/acre
- Broadcast Seeding Rate: 25 lbs/acre
- Ideal Seed Depth: 1/4″
Fertility + Weed Control
- Plant into a clean, weed-free seedbed.
- If weeds are present at planting, consider applying glyphosate before or after planting if drilled, but before crop emergence to control existing weeds. Do not apply glyphosate after planting if crop is broadcasted and not incorporated.
- Interseeding into corn should be done either early in the summer when corn is near the V3-8 growth stage – prior to the canopy
- The success of The Cultivator depends on timing – plan your application of seed according to when there will be adequate sunlight reaching the ground to keep seedlings alive.
- The Cultivator should be allowed to mature as much as the growing season will allow in order to gain the most benefit from the legumes in the blend.
- Following plant maturity or a killing frost – whichever comes first – The Cultivator can be grazed without taking away from the soil health benefits it is designed to provide.
- All species in the blend should winterkill, so termination is not necessary.
- Very little residue will be gained from this blend, so there is no need to modify tillage plans.