Economy Dryland Pasture
Our Economy Dryland Pasture Mix is a blend of hardy and productive grasses for pasture or haying on dryland. It is a reliable and economical grass solution for challenging growing conditions in dry regions.
- Planting Time:
- Early Spring – after hard freezing conditions have ended
- Fall – allow 3-4 weeks of growth before first killing frost
- Dormant – mid-late fall when temperatures are cold enough that seed will not germinate until the following spring. Soil temperature of 50 degrees or less.
- Seeding Rate: 25 lbs./acre
- Ideal Seed Depth: ¼” – ½”
- Seed should be drilled into a firm seedbed, or broadcasted and packed
- 25% Pubescent Wheatgrass
- 25% Intermediate Wheatgrass
- 25% Crested Wheatgrass
- 15% Smooth Brome
- 10% Forage Perennial Ryegrass
These amounts are based on percentage of full seeding rate