High and Dry Grass Mix
Our High and Dry Grass Mix is a unique mixture of native and introduced grasses designed for the most challenging conditions. This blend is excellent for pasture or reclamation seedings at elevations up to 9,000 ft. and areas with very limited precipitation.
- Planting Time:
- Early Spring – after hard freezing conditions have ended
- Dormant – mid-late fall when temperatures are cold enough that seed will not germinate until the following spring. Soil temperature of 50 degrees or less.
- Seeding Rate: 10 lbs./acre
- Ideal Seed Depth: ¼” – ½”
- Seed should be drilled into a firm seedbed, or broadcasted and packed
- 25% Pubescent Wheatgrass
- 25% Slender Wheatgrass
- 20% Western Wheatgrass
- 10% Thickspike Wheatgrass
- 10% Bluebunch Wheatgrass
- 10% Russian Wildrye
These amounts are based on percentage of full seeding rate