High Traffic Pasture Mix
Our High Traffic Pasture mix is a blend of grasses that can handle heavy hoof traffic or overgrazing in spring calving pastures or other high traffic areas. This blend provides hardy and reliable grass cover and was designed for dryland use in the western U.S.
- Planting Time:
- Early Spring – after hard freezing conditions have ended
- Late Summer/Early Fall – allow 3-4 weeks of growth before first killing frost
- Dormant – mid-late fall when temperatures are cold enough that seed will not germinate until the following spring. Soil temperature of 50 degrees or less.
- Seeding Rate: 18-20 lbs./acre
- Ideal Seed Depth: ¼” – ½”
- Seed should be drilled into a firm seedbed, or broadcasted and packed
- 40% Crested Wheatgrass
- 35% Smooth Brome
- 15% Forage Perennial Ryegrass
- 10% Tall Forage Fescue
These amounts are based on percentage of full seeding rate