Our Irrigated Grass Mix is a blend of grasses that combines the highest yield and forage quality for top production under irrigation or in areas of higher rainfall. It is highly suitable for haying or grazing.
- Planting Time:
- Early Spring – after hard freezing conditions have ended
- Late Summer/Early Fall – allow 3-4 weeks of growth before first killing frost
- Dormant – mid-late fall when temperatures are cold enough that seed will not germinate until the following spring. Soil temperature of 50 degrees or less.
- Seeding Rate: 18-20 lbs./acre
- Ideal Seed Depth: ¼” – ½”
- Seed should be drilled into a firm seedbed, or broadcasted and packed
- 30% Late Maturing Orchardgrass
- 25% Tall Forage Fescue
- 20% Meadow Brome
- 15% Timothy
- 10% Forage Perennial Ryegrass
These amounts are based on percentage of full seeding rate