Western Horse Pasture
Our Western Horse Pasture Mix is a blend of the most palatable and high-quality grasses that can handle the close grazing habits of horses. It is suitable for dry growing conditions and designed specifically for use in the western U.S.
- Planting Time:
- Early Spring – after hard freezing conditions have ended
- Late Summer/Early Fall – allow 3-4 weeks of growth before first killing frost
- Dormant – mid-late fall when temperatures are cold enough that seed will not germinate until the following spring. Soil temperature of 50 degrees or less.
- Seeding Rate: 15-18 lbs./acre
- Ideal Seed Depth: ¼” – ½”
- Seed should be drilled into a firm seedbed, or broadcasted and packed
- 25% Paiute Orchardgrass
- 20% Timothy
- 20% Crested Wheatgrass
- 15% Meadow Brome
- 10% Forage Kentucky Bluegrass
- 10% Tetraplod Ryegrass
These amounts are based on percentage of full seeding rate