Big 8 Management Guide
- Planting Time: Late Spring – Early Summer
- Seeding Rate: 35 lbs/acre drilled or broadcast
- Seeding Depth: ½ – 1”
- Plant into a clean, firm seed bed when both drilling or broadcasting
- Package: 35 lb bags
- If maximum biomass is desired, use the fertilizer rates below:
|Recommended Application Rate (Lbs/acre)|
|Soil Fertility Level||Nitrogen (N)||Phosphorus (P2O5)||Potassium (K2O)|
*Rates are recommended if no soil test is taken.
- Plant into a clean, weed-free seed bed for reduced weed competition
- If weeds are present, use the following herbicide(s) below:
|Timing||Herbicide||Rate||Notes||Weeds Controlled||Control Method|
|Preplant or Preemergence||Makaze (Glyphosate)||32 oz/acre||Apply any time before crop emergence||Grasses & Broadleaves||Contact|
All products and rates were provided by university-based sources and product labels. Always follow label instructions and consult your local chemical dealer and seed dealer before making any applications or planting of seed.