|Cover Crop Radish||40%|
|Purple Top Turnip||30%|
Select a topic:
- Planting Time: Late Summer – Early Fall
- All species can handle light frost without killing and will continue to grow in the fall
- Drilled Seeding Rate: 8 lbs./acre
- Broadcast Seeding Rate: 10 lbs/acre
- Ideal Seed Depth: ½”
Fertility + Weed Control
- If grazing is intended and soil fertility levels are low, consider applying 25-50 lbs/acre of nitrogen at planting to increase total biomass production.
- Plant into a clean, weed-free seed bed
- If weeds are present at planting, consider applying Glyphosate @ 32 oz/acre before or after planting but before crop emergence to control existing weeds.
- If undesired grass weeds emerge after crop emergence, consider applying Select Max @ 9-16 oz/acre when the grasses are 2-4” tall.
Disclaimer: All products and rates were provided by university-based sources and product labels. Always follow label instructions and consult your local chemical dealer and seed dealer before making any applications or planting of the seed.
- Classic Trio can be grazed as soon as there is adequate growth to support livestock.
- Due to high moisture and protein content of the mix, it is best to supplement grazing livestock with free-choice dry hay or straw to provide rumen fill and roughage in the diet.
- All species in the blend should winterkill, so termination is not necessary.
- Almost no residue will be gained from this blend, and it may even cause existing field residue to breakdown quicker.
- Follow normal tillage plan for the following crops. No-tilling after Classic Trio is very effective due to the lack of residue produced.