Elevate™, formerly Big 8™, is the perfect mix to save fertilizer cost while building soil in the summer months. This mix of annual clovers provides nutritional summer forage by adding nitrogen to your soil, improving water absorption, preventing unwanted insects and serving as a weed suppression.
Seeding Rate: 35 lbs/acre drilled or broadcast
- Seeding Rate: 35 lbs/acre drilled or broadcast
- Seeding Depth: ½” – 1″
- Plant into a clean, firm seedbed when both drilling or broadcasting.
- Planting Zones:
- Zone 1: Late Summer, Early Fall
- Zone 2: Late Summer, Early Fall
- Zone 3: Fall (Plant at least 50 days before the first frost.)
- Zone 4: Not Recommended
If maximum biomass is desired, use the fertilizer rates below:
|Recommended Application Rate (Lbs/acre)|
|Soil Fertility Level||Nitrogen (N)||Phosphorus (P2O5)||Potassium (K2O)|
*Rates are recommended if no soil test is taken.
- Plant into a clean, weed-free seedbed for reduced weed competition.
- If weeds are present, use the following herbicide(s) below:
|Timing||Herbicide||Rate||Notes||Weeds Controlled||Control Method|
|Preplant or Preemergence||Makaze (Glyphosate)||32 oz/acre||Apply any time before crop emergence||Grasses & Broadleaves||Contact|