Elevate is the perfect mix to save fertilizer costs while building soil in the summer months. This mix of annual clovers provides nutritional summer forage by adding nitrogen to your soil, improving water absorption and serving as weed suppression.
Proven Ingredients: Balansa, Crimson, Berseem and Mammoth Red Clovers
Seeding Rate: 10 lbs/acre drilled or broadcast
- Seeding Rate: 10 lbs/acre drilled or broadcast
- Seeding Depth: 1/4″ deep
- Package: 5 lb bags
- Plant into a clean, firm seedbed when both drilling or broadcasting.
- Planting Zones:
- Zone 1: Early Spring
- Zone 2: Early Spring
- Zone 3: Early Spring
- Zone 4: Not Recommended
If maximum biomass is desired, use the fertilizer rates below:
|Recommended Application Rate (Lbs/acre)|
|Soil Fertility Level||Nitrogen (N)||Phosphorus (P2O5)||Potassium (K2O)|
*Rates are recommended if no soil test is taken.
- Plant into a clean, weed-free seedbed for reduced weed competition.
- If weeds are present, consider using the following herbicide(s) below:
|Timing||Herbicide||Rate||Notes||Weeds Controlled||Control Method|
|Preplant or Preemergence||Makaze (Glyphosate)||32 oz/acre||Apply any time before crop emergence||Grasses & Broadleaves||Contact|
|Postemergence||Poast (Sethoxydim)||0.75-1.5 pts/a||Apply before weeds reach 12″ in height.||Grasses||Contact|
|Pursuit (Imazethapyr)||3-6 oz/a||Apply when most of the crop is in the 2nd
trifoliate stage or larger.
|Grasses & Broadleaves||Contact|
- If weed pressure is still present after planting, consider mowing the weeds to the height of the crop until the
weed pressure subsides.
Food Plot Power™ Tip
If planted early enough, Elevate™ will help fix nitrogen for your fall green plots. Simply terminate and work in the soil before you plant Killzone™ and or Final Stand™ and save on fertilizer costs.