ElkRidge Greens™ was designed with a high producing, high protein food source in mind. The mix of cool-season grains and brassicas makes it an excellent choice when both year-round and late-season forage production is desired.
Proven Ingredients: New Zealand Brassicas, Forage Collards, Rape, Forage Turnips, Forage Winter Wheat, Forage Barley and Forage Oats
Seeding Rate: 40 lbs/acre drilled | 60 lbs/acre broadcast
- Seeding Rate: 40 lbs/acre drilled | 60 lbs/acre broadcast
- Seeding Depth: ¼” – ½”
- Plant into a clean, firm seedbed when both drilling or broadcasting.
- Package: 40 lb bags
- Planting Zones:
- Zone 1: Late Summer
- Zone 2: Late Summer, Early Fall
- Zone 3: Fall
- Zone 4: Early Summer
*Plant at least 50 days before the typical first frost.
If maximum biomass is desired, use the fertilizer rates below:
|Recommended Application Rate (Lbs/acre)|
|Soil Fertility Level||Nitrogen (N)||Phosphorus (P2O5)||Potassium (K2O)|
*Rates are recommended if no soil test is taken.
- Plant into a clean, weed-free seedbed for reduced weed competition.
- If weeds are present at planting, consider applying glyphosate before or after planting if drilled, but before crop emergence to control existing weeds. Do not apply glyphosate after planting if crop is broadcasted and not incorporated.
- If weed pressure is present after planting, consider mowing the weeds to the height of the crop until weed pressure subsides.
Food Plot Power™ Tip
Designed to be a green food source in Western climates where moisture is limited, consider planting ElkRidge Greens following a cane or millet crop from the previous year. The standing vegetation will capture and conserve moisture, allowing for a quicker and more even establishment.