$35.00 – $165.00
GK Elite™ is the best of the best! The GK stands for Grounds Keeper, because even the most selective turf managers use GK Elite. This mix is most commonly used on sports fields and highly maintained lawns. It is a mixture of elite Kentucky Bluegrasses that are extremely disease resistant and traffic tolerant, especially when irrigated. The rhizomatous growth pattern of the Kentucky Bluegrass plant means that this turf has the ability to fill in bare spots as damage occurs. This extremely touch mix stands up to the rigors of competition and its deep blueish-green color is highly attractive.
Seeding Rate: 4 lbs/1,000 sq. ft.
|Elite Kentucky Bluegrass||80%|
|Fine-leaf Perennial Ryegrass||20%|
- Planting Time:
- Spring: April – Early June
- Fall: August – Early October
- Dormant: Late October – November or when the ground temperature will remain below 50°F
- Seeding Depth: 1/4″–1/2″
- Seeding Rate: 4 lbs per 1000 sq. ft.
- Instructions: Broadcast or drill. (Roll pack, rake, or drag broadcast seed.)
|Speedzone||1.1-1.8 oz/1,000 sq.ft||Apply Speedzone at least 2 weeks before seeding to prevent carryover. Do not apply Speedzone post emerge until grass is established (one month or second mowing, whatever is longer).|
|Tenacity||4-8 oz/a||Can be applied before or, at seeding or on established turf. Tenacity should not be applied when seedlings are growing and not yet established (one month or second mowing, whatever is longer).|
*Always read and follow label instructions before making an application.
- Fertilizer: Apply fertilizer such as 13-13-13 or Sustane 4-6-4 to jumpstart seed growth at planting and 24-05-10 or Sustane 8-2-4 for slow release 6–8 weeks post-planting.
- Watering: For new lawns keep soil moist for first 3–4 weeks. After the initial watering period reduce watering frequency but increase duration.
- Erosion Control: Install an erosion control blanket to aid germination and prevent erosion of soil or washing seed.