Hi Fly™ is designed for aerial and broadcasting applications. This mix contains fine seeds that are easily established to provide quick ground cover and late-season growth. In addition, LowBoy low-growing annual ryegrass provides great ground coverage, deep and wide roots, cold tolerance and easy termination. A perfect cocktail consisting of brassicas, legumes, and grasses provides biodiversity and shields the soil from erosion.
Aerial/Broadcast Seeding Rate: 15 lbs/acre
|LowBoy Annual Ryegrass||30%|
|Cover Crop Radish||15%|
- Planting Time: Early Summer OR Late Summer/Early Fall
- Aerial/Broadcast Seeding Rate: 15 lbs/acre
- All species are small-seeded and can germinate on the soil surface without incorporation.
*Be aware of any pre-emergence herbicide applied and its residual activity prior to cover crop planting to avoid emergence injury/failure.
- Interseeding into corn should be done either early in the summer when corn is near the V4 growth stage – prior to the canopy, or later in the year when the corn has begun to senesce.
- Interseeding into soybeans should only be done in the late summer or fall when leaf drop has begun.
- The success of Hi-Fly depends on timing – plan your application of seed according to when there will be adequate sunlight reaching the ground to keep seedlings alive.
- Following cash crop harvest, Hi-Fly can be grazed along with crop residue through the fall and winter with no nutritional concerns.
- All species in the blend should winterkill, so termination is not necessary.
- Very little residue will be gained from this blend, so there is no need to modify tillage plans.