Hideout™ is a quick establishing food plot blend that provides heights of 6′-10′. This mix creates a privacy screen around food plots for undetected ease in and out of your stand while providing structure in your plots.
Proven Ingredients: Pearl Millet, Egyptian Wheat and Specialty Hybrid Forage Sorghum
Seeding Rate: 15 lbs/acre
- Ingredients: Specialized sorghum hybrid, Egyptian Wheat, Pearl Millet
- Height: Ranges 6′ – 10′
- Maturity: 70 – 100 days
- Planting Time: Late spring – soil temps > 60°
- Seeding Rate: 15 lbs/acre
- Seeding Depth: ½” deep
- Package: 15 lb bags
- Plant into a clean, firm seedbed when both drilling or broadcasting.
- Planting Zones:
- Zone 1: Late Spring, Early Summer (Soil temps > 60°)
- Zone 2: Late Spring, Early Summer (Soil temps > 60°)
- Zone 3: Late Spring, Early Summer (Soil temps > 60°)
- Zone 4: Not Recommended
If maximum biomass is desired, use the fertilizer rates below:
|Recommended Application Rate (Lbs/acre)|
|Soil Fertility Level||Nitrogen (N)||Phosphorus (P2O5)||Potassium (K2O)|
*Rates are recommended if no soil test is taken.
- Plant into a clean, weed-free seed bed and use the herbicide options below for optimal weed control:
|Timing||Herbicide||Rate||Notes||Weeds Controlled||Control Method|
|Preplant or Preemergence||Makaze (Glyphosate)||32 oz/a||Apply any time before crop emergence||Grasses & Broadleaves||Contact|
|Post- emergence||2, 4-D Amine (2,4-D)||0.5-1 pt/a||Apply when most of the mix is 5″-12″ tall.||Broadleaves||Contact|
|Broclean (Bromoxynil)||1-1.5 pts/a||Apply from 4-leaf to boot stage||Broadleaves||Contact|
|Starane Ultra (Fluroxypyr)||0.4 pts/a||Apply from 3- to 7-leaf stage. Use drop nozzles from 8-leaf to boot stage.||Broadleaves||Contact|
Disclaimer: All products and rates were provided by university-based sources and product labels. Always follow label instructions and consult your local chemical dealer and seed dealer before making any applications or planting of seed.
Food Plot Power™ Tip
Do not exceed the 15 lbs/acre suggested seeding rate. By increasing the seeding rate, you will see shorter, weaker plants that won't reach full maturity.