$60.00 – $165.00
Sierra Flats™ was designed to provide a year-long perennial browse and protein source for western game animals. Specifically designed for the correct environment, this blend of legumes and cool season grasses is a suburb choice for any wildlife manager.
Seeding Rate: 15 lbs/acre drilled | 20 lbs/acre broadcast
- Planting Time: Early Spring or Late Fall (when soil temperatures drop below 45⁰)
- Seeding Rate: 15 lbs/acre drilled | 20 lbs/acre broadcast
- Seeding Depth: ½”
- Plant into a clean, firm seedbed when both drilling or broadcasting
If maximum biomass is desired, use the fertilizer rates below:
|Recommended Application Rate (Lbs/acre)|
|Soil Fertility Level||Nitrogen (N)||Phosphorus (P2O5)||Potassium (K2O)|
*Rates are recommended if no soil test is taken.
- Plant into a clean, weed-free seed bed for reduced weed competition
- If weeds are present, use the following herbicide(s) below:
|Timing||Herbicide||Rate||Notes||Weeds Controlled||Control Method|
|Preplant or Preemergence||Makaze (Glyphosate)||32 oz/acre||Apply any time before crop emergence||Grasses & Broadleaves||Contact|
*Always read and follow label instructions before application.
All products and rates were provided by university-based sources and product labels. Always follow label instructions and consult your local chemical dealer and seed dealer before making any applications or planting of seed.