Sierra Flats was designed to provide a year-long perennial browse and protein source for western game animals. Specifically designed for the correct environment, this blend of legumes and cool-season grasses is a superb choice for any wildlife manager.
Proven Ingredients: Forage Chicory, Birdsfoot Trefoil, Drought-Tolerant Alfalfa, Sainfoin, Small Burnett, Meadow Brome and Select Orchardgrass
Seeding Rate: 15 lbs/acre
15 lb bag
Need some help? Contact us.
- Seeding Rate: 15 lbs/acre
- Seeding Depth: ½”
- Package: 15 lb bags
- Plant into a clean, firm seedbed when both drilling or broadcasting
- Planting Zones:
- Zone 1: Spring, Late Summer
- Zone 2: Spring, Fall
- Zone 3: Fall
- Zone 4: Spring
If maximum biomass is desired, use the fertilizer rates below:
|Recommended Application Rate (Lbs/acre)|
|Soil Fertility Level||Nitrogen (N)||Phosphorus (P2O5)||Potassium (K2O)|
*Rates are recommended if no soil test is taken.
- Plant into a clean, weed-free seedbed for reduced weed competition.
- If weeds are present at planting, consider applying glyphosate before or after planting if drilled, but before crop emergence to control existing weeds. Do not apply glyphosate after planting if crop is broadcasted and not incorporated.
- If weed pressure is present after planting, consider mowing the weeds to the height of the crop until weed pressure subsides.
Food Plot Power™ Tip
Sierra Flats offers a perennial food plot option, so planning and location are key. Establish this plot on an area according to predominant winds, topography, and past wildlife patterns.