This is a great combination of brassicas, grasses, and legumes to maximize soil health. Balanced Plus works great to help create residue, alleviate compaction, and provide even grazing.
Drilled Seeding Rate: 12 lbs/acre
Broadcast Seeding Rate: 15 lbs/acre
|Cover Crop Radish||20%|
- Planting Time: Mid/Late Summer
- Minimum of 45-60 days growth before a frost
- Drilled Seeding Rate: 12 lbs/acre
- Broadcast Seeding Rate: 15 lbs/acre
- Ideal Seed Depth: ½”
Fertility + Weed Control
- If grazing is intended and soil fertility levels are low, consider applying 25-50 lbs/acre of nitrogen at planting to increase total biomass production.
- Plant into a clean, weed-free seed.bed
- If weeds are present at planting, consider applying Glyphosate @ 32 oz/acre before or after planting but before crop emergence to control existing weeds.
Disclaimer: All products and rates were provided by university-based sources and product labels. Always follow label instructions and consult your local chemical dealer and seed dealer before making any applications or planting of seed.
- Balanced Plus can be grazed as soon as there is adequate growth to support livestock.
- There is little concern for grazing toxicity issues with only a small percentage of sorghum-sudangrass in the blend. To be most cautious, avoid grazing for 5-7 days following a killing frost.
- All species in the blend will winterkill, so termination is not necessary.
Some residue will be gained from this mix, but not enough to prevent effective no-tilling. Follow the normal tillage plan for the following crops.