Clearfield Sunflowers are a hybrid sunflower that allow further chemical control post-seeding. They allow game managers to use both common pre-emergent herbicides, as well as Beyond herbicide following seeding. Clearfield Sunflowers are commonly used as a dove attractant and can be drilled or broadcasted. Plant into a clean, firm seedbed.
Seeding Rate: 20,000-25,000 seeds/acre
- Seeding Rate: 20,000-25,000 seeds/acre
- Seed Depth: 1” – 1 ½” deep
- Plant into a clean, firm seedbed when both drilling or broadcasting
- Planting Zones: Same as Primal Soybean
- Zone 1: Late Spring, Early Summer (Soil temps > 60°)
- Zone 2: Late Spring, Early Summer (Soil temps > 60°)
- Zone 3: Late Spring, Early Summer (Soil temps > 60°)
- Zone 4: Not Recommended
Dependent on previous year’s crop. Apply 60-80 lbs/acre of Nitrogen.