Chicory is a highly attractive, extremely digestible plant with a deep taproot that can remain very drought tolerant. Plant by itself or add it to a Primal seed blend to enhance attraction. Chicory should be drilled or broadcast into a clean, firm seedbed.
Seeding Rate: 4-5 lbs/acre | Added to mix: 1-2 lbs/acre
- Protein Content: Up to 32%
- Seeding Rate: 4-5 lbs/acre | Added to mix: 1-2 lbs/acre
- Seeding Depth: ¼” – ½”
- Plant into a clean firm seedbed when both drilling or broadcasting
- Planting Zones: same as Whitetail Premium
- Zone 1: Spring, Late Summer
- Zone 2: Spring, Late Summer
- Zone 3: Early Spring, Fall
- Zone 4: Not Recommended
If maximum biomass is desired, use the fertilizer rates below:
|Recommended Application Rate (Lbs/acre)|
|Soil Fertility Level||Nitrogen (N)||Phosphorus (P2O5)||Potassium (K2O)|
*Rates are recommended if no soil test is taken.