Chicory is a highly attractive, extremely digestible plant with a deep taproot that can remain very drought tolerant. Plant by itself or add it to a Primal seed blend to enhance attraction. Chicory should be drilled or broadcast into a clean, firm seedbed.
Seeding Rate: 4-5 lbs/acre | Added to mix: 1-2 lbs/acre
*Seller will determine packaging*
1 lb bag
Need some help? Contact us.
- Protein Content: Up to 32%
- Seeding Rate: 4-5 lbs/acre | Added to mix: 1-2 lbs/acre
- Seeding Depth: ¼” – ½”
- Plant into a clean firm seedbed when both drilling or broadcasting
- Planting Zones: same as Whitetail Premium
- Zone 1: Spring, Late Summer
- Zone 2: Spring, Late Summer
- Zone 3: Early Spring, Fall
- Zone 4: Not Recommended
If maximum biomass is desired, use the fertilizer rates below:
|Recommended Application Rate (Lbs/acre)|
|Soil Fertility Level||Nitrogen (N)||Phosphorus (P2O5)||Potassium (K2O)|
*Rates are recommended if no soil test is taken.
Every acre is different and our goal is to help you know what works best in your area. This 'Growing Regions' section showcases where this species works best. If you have any questions on product placement, feel free to contact our experts and we will help!