The Producer is our cool-season version of Balanced Plus. This blend achieves a variety of goals such as late-season grazing, nutrient scavenging, and building residue to create organic matter.
This mix meets the NRCS standard cover crop requirements for CSP and EQIP Programs in South Dakota and Minnesota.
Drilled Seeding Rate: 20 lbs/acre
Broadcast Seeding Rate: 25 lbs/acre
Need some help? Contact us.
|Purple Top Turnip||25%|
|Cover Crop Radish||20%|
Select a topic:
- Planting Time: Late Summer – Early Fall
- Drilled Seeding Rate: 20 lbs/acre
- Broadcast Seeding Rate: 25 lbs/acre
- Ideal Seed Depth: ½”
Fertility + Weed Control
- If grazing is intended and soil fertility levels are low, consider applying 25–50 lbs/acre of nitrogen at planting to increase total biomass production.
- Plant into a clean, weed-free seedbed.
- If weeds are present at planting, consider applying glyphosate before or after planting if drilled, but before crop emergence to control existing weeds. Do not apply glyphosate after planting if crop is broadcasted and not incorporated.
- The Producer can be grazed as soon as there is adequate growth to support livestock. There are no nutritional concerns at any point during the fall or winter.
- All species in the blend will winterkill, so termination is not necessary.
- Some residue will be gained from this blend, but not too much to prevent effective no-tilling.
- Follow normal tillage plans for following crops.
Every acre is different and our goal is to help you know what works best in your area. This 'Growing Regions' section showcases where this species works best. If you have any questions on product placement, feel free to contact our experts and we will help!