The Producer™ is our cool season version of Balanced Plus™. This blend achieves a variety of goals such as late-season grazing, nutrient scavenging, and building residue to create organic matter.
Drilled Seeding Rate: 20 lbs/acre
Broadcast Seeding Rate: 25 lbs/acre
|Purple Top Turnip||25%|
|Cover Crop Radish||20%|
- Planting Time: Late Summer – Early Fall
- Drilled Seeding Rate: 20 lbs/acre
- Broadcast Seeding Rate: 25 lbs/acre
- Ideal Seed Depth: ½”
Fertility + Weed Control
- If grazing is intended and soil fertility levels are low, consider applying 25-50 lbs/acre of nitrogen at planting to increase total biomass production.
- Plant into a clean, weed-free seedbed.
- If weeds are present at planting, consider applying Glyphosate @ 32 oz/acre before or after planting but before crop emergence to control existing weeds.
*Always read and follow label instructions before making an application.
Disclaimer: All products and rates were provided by university-based sources and product labels. Always follow label instructions and consult your local chemical dealer and seed dealer before making any applications or planting of seed.
- The Producer can be grazed as soon as there is adequate growth to support livestock. There are no nutritional concerns at any point during the fall or winter.
- All species in the blend will winterkill, so termination is not necessary.
Some residue will be gained from this blend, but not too much to prevent effective no-tilling. Follow normal tillage plan for the following crops.