Tough Play RTF
Tough Play is a Tall Fescue mix that is equally durable and attractive. Tall fescue requires less water and fertilizer to reach its full potential than Kentucky Bluegrass. This mix is available in two forms — standard Tough Play and Tough Play RTF™. Standard Tough Play is a lush turf suited for lawns and sports fields. Tough Play RTF improves upon the standard by adding Rhizomatous Tall Fescue varieties. The rhizomes allow the turf to self-heal and fill in damaged spots. Tough Play RTF also includes varieties that are approved by the Turfgrass Water Conservation Alliance (TWCA), meaning they require less water than other Tall Fescue varieties.
Seeding Rate: 8-9 lbs/1,000 sq. ft.
25 lb bag with Myco
Need some help? Contact us.
|Elite Tall Fescue||90%|
|Elite Kentucky Bluegrass||10%|
- Planting Time:
- Spring: April – Early June
- Fall: August – Early October
- Dormant: Late October – November or when the ground temperature will remain below 50°F
- Seeding Depth: 1/4″–1/2″
- Seeding Rate: 8-9 lbs per 1000 sq. ft.
- Instructions: Broadcast or drill. (Roll pack, rake, or drag broadcast seed.)
|Speedzone||1.1-1.8 oz/1,000 sq.ft||Apply Speedzone at least 2 weeks before seeding to prevent carryover. Do not apply Speedzone post emerge until grass is established (one month or second mowing, whatever is longer).|
|Tenacity||4-8 oz/a||Can be applied before or, at seeding or on established turf. Tenacity should not be applied when seedlings are growing and not yet established (one month or second mowing, whatever is longer).|
*Always read and follow label instructions before making an application.
- Fertilizer: Apply fertilizer such as 13-13-13 or Sustane 4-6-4 to jumpstart seed growth at planting and 24-05-10 or Sustane 8-2-4 for slow release 6–8 weeks post planting.
- Watering: For new lawns keep soil moist for first 3–4 weeks. After the initial watering period reduce watering frequency but increase duration.
- Erosion Control: Install an erosion control blanket to aid germination and prevent erosion of soil or washing seed.
Every acre is different and our goal is to help you know what works best in your area. This 'Growing Regions' section showcases where this species works best. If you have any questions on product placement, feel free to contact our experts and we will help!